Bawah Reserve or known as Pulau Bawah is not only a magical place where its resorts development is reconnected to nature but also followed a sustainable plan towards its development plan. Aimed to highlight the sustainability concept and how Bawah Reserve establishing and achieve its standard as to gain a world winning resort award. It will explore the initiatives to provide long term benefits to the resources, local communities in terms of conservation, social cultural and economic. This study was conducted in qualitative descriptive study and using secondary data from sources that are used as the object of research, More importantly this research will be further elaborated as a group assignment of Post Graduate Study students of Tourism Planning & Development of Batam Tourism Polytechnic Year Study 2020-2021 where it will be compiled as a part of study’s program research
- Bramwell, B. , Lane, B., McCabe, S.,Mosedale, J. , & Scarless, C. (2008). Research perspectives on responsible tourism. Journal of Sustainable Tourism , 16 (3), 253–257
- Brundtland Commission (Cerin, 2006; Dernbach J. C. 1998; Dernbach J. C., 2003; Stoddart, 2011).
- Brown, K.; Turner, R.K.; Hameed, H.; Bateman, I. Tourism and Sustainability in Environmentally Fragile Areas: Case Studies from the Maldives and Nepal (The Centre for Social and Economic Research on the Global Environment, East Anglia, 2007), p. 2
- Hall, C. and Lew, A. (2009), Understanding and Managing Tourism Impacts: An Integrated Approach, Routledge, London p.56
- Postma, A (2013), “‘When the tourist flew in’, critical encounters in the development of tourism”, PhD thesis, Faculty of Spatial Sciences, University of Groningen, Groningen.
- Reid, D. (1995). Sustainable Development: An Introductory Guide (Earthscan, London, 1995), p. xiii International Journal of Small Economies Vol. 01, No. 01, Year 2009
- Sugiyono (2012) Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif Kualitatif dan R&B. Bandung: Alfabeta page 291 .
- Website www.bawahreserve,com
- Website http://www.ppk-kp3k.kkp.go.id